Holiday rental home for friends groups and families
The Piggeries, as its name suggests, was created from the original piggeries! Now it is a 5 Star Gold, luxury, self-catering holiday cottage , With huge entertaining spaces and en-suite accommodation, it is ideal for group breaks or special occasions with extended family.
The views across to the Cumbrian coast and Lake District are spectacular by day and magical at night. On New Year’s Eve, fireworks can be seen for miles around from the comfort of an armchair by the wood-burning stove.
The Piggeries cottage possesses a very special charm and is feature rich. The cottage underwent a major transformation to form a large property with four en-suite bedrooms that can sleep up to twelve guests.
The kitchen is a delight to cook in and provides a great social area for guests. It has a huge, fully-fitted, hand-painted Mark Wilkinson kitchen, equipped with a green Aga, gas hob, oven, dishwasher, full-size fridge and freezer, granite work surfaces, island unit, seating and French doors leading into the garden.
An orangery-style dining room has been added, with a feature glass ceiling and large picture windows looking out into the garden. The dining table seats eight.
A few steps lead down into a huge new living room with a grand stone fireplace and a wood-burning stove. Large picture windows and French doors lead to the conservatory which has folding glass doors that can be opened fully to provide access to the patio and private, landscaped garden areas.
There are two bedrooms on the ground floor of the original building. Both are double bedrooms with en-suite shower room.
In the new part of the building, accessed via three steps up from the hall, are two large bedrooms with full-length feature windows and opening doors with Juliet balconies.
There are amazing views across the countryside towards the coast. Both upstairs bedrooms are family rooms with double bed and day bed. Both have en-suite showers but one also has a separate bath.
French doors lead from the conservatory to the patio, which has seating and spectacular views of private, landscaped garden areas and countryside towards the coast.
Check Availability & Book Online
Click on the day of the week you wish to book to see availability and prices then complete the online booking form.
The Piggeries Features:
- Luxury Self-Catering Holiday Cottage
- Visit England 5 Star Gold for Excellence in Self-Catering
- Ideal for friends’ groups or extended families
- Fully-fitted Mark Wilkinson designer kitchen
- Fully equipped with Aga, gas hob and oven
- Dishwasher, full-size fridge and freezer
- Granite work surfaces and island unit with seating
- French doors leading onto the garden
- Orangery-style dining room with dining table – seats 12
- Feature glass ceiling and large picture windows with garden views
- Spacious living room with stone fireplace and wood-burning stove
- Large picture windows and French doors lead to the conservatory
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Sleeps up to 10 guests in 4 en-suite bedrooms
- Two ground floor double bedrooms with en-suite showers
- Split level to two large bedrooms with full-length windows opening to Juliet balconies
- One Family bedroom with double bed, day bed and en-suite bath and separate shower
- One Family bedroom with a super king and a single bed. There is the option to have three singles.
- Folding glass doors on to patio with seating
- Private, landscaped garden areas
- Amazing views across the countryside towards the coast
- Tennis Court available (please bring own equipment)
- Ample car parking and cycle storage
Dog Friendly Cottage
The Piggeries is a dog-friendly cottage with an enclosed garden for you to bring your dog on holiday with you. (extra charge)