The Old Stables is a large 5-Star luxury self-catering holiday cottage that sleeps up to 14 guests plus a cot, in six bedrooms and is ideal for family reunions or friends groups wishing to visit Lancashire.
As its name suggests, the Old Stables was where the horses were kept many years ago, except that the wooden partitions and hayracks have now been replaced by a beautiful Mark Wilkinson American Oak kitchen. Where once the horses drank from cast iron troughs, an American fridge freezer dispenses chilled spring water.
GROUND FLOOR LIVING
Downstairs, the huge open-plan kitchen / living / dining / conservatory area is warmed constantly by the gleaming pewter Aga cooker, which can be boosted by a wood-burning stove on colder days. Sky television is provided and there is a large dining table and chairs for 12.
Off the hallway is a bootroom for hanging coats and storing shoes and walking boots. There is also a downstairs shower room with shower, basin and toilet.
GROUND FLOOR SLEEPING
There are two spacious and attractive downstairs bedrooms, which are especially suitable for guests who have difficulty climbing stairs. One is a double room with French doors that open out into a small paved garden. The other is a family room with double bed and single bed.
Upstairs are four recently refurbished attractive bedrooms: a double bedroom, two twin-bedded rooms, and a family room containing a double and a single bed. All the bedrooms have sloping ceilings and Velux windows. There is a family bathroom with bath, basin and toilet, and a separate shower room with shower, basin and toilet.
A conservatory overlooks the private garden area with outdoor seating, which is visited daily by woodpeckers and other wildlife. There is an outdoor kitchen area with BBQ, pizza oven, fridge and fire pit.
There is an enclosed flagged area to the rear of the property.
Click on the day of the week you wish to book to see availability and prices then complete the online booking form.
- Luxury Self-Catering Holiday Cottage
- Visit England 5 Star Gold for Excellence in Self-Catering
- Ideal for family reunions or small groups wishing to visit Lancashire
- Mark Wilkinson American Oak kitchen
- American fridge freezer for chilled spring water
- Open-plan kitchen / living / dining / conservatory area
- Aga cooker and wood-burning stove
- Large dining table and chairs for 12
- Sky television (basic)
- Boot-room for storing coats, shoes and walking boots
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Sleeps up to 14 guests plus a cot in six bedrooms
- Downstairs shower room with shower, basin and toilet
- Two spacious and attractive bedrooms downstairs, one double room, one family room.
- French door access from one downstairs bedroom onto a small paved garden
- Four bedrooms upstairs – a double bedroom, two twin-bedded rooms, and a family room containing a double and a single bed
- Family bathroom with bath, basin and toilet
- Additional shower room with shower, basin and toilet
- Conservatory overlooks private garden area with outdoor seating
- Enclosed garden with fire-pit built into a seating area
- Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Outdoor Bar area
- Tennis Court available (please bring own equipment)
- Ample car parking and cycle storage
The Old Stables is a dog-friendly cottage with an enclosed garden, should you wish to bring your dog on holiday with you. (extra charge)