Directions to Barnacre Cottages:
Please note, that some SAT NAV systems do send our guests the wrong way!
Come up the gateway with a huge sign ‘Barnacre Cottages’ on the gate and another big sign in the wall, also with an arrow pointing you through the gateway
Do not drive past this entrance otherwise you will arrive at a sign for Arkwright Farm and PRIVATE. (You will then have to reverse back down the drive and go back down the lane and up the driveway that you drove past originally! )
The only guests that should come up the Arkwright Farm driveway are the ones staying in the cottage called The Piggeries.
Please note: SAT NAVs are not always right, trust what your eyes tell you, take instruction from the Barnacre Cottages sign, and drive through the gate and up the field to the cottages.
Do NOT go up the driveway marked PRIVATE and over the cattle grid unless you are staying in The Piggeries cottage.
Directions From the North:
If you are driving from the North the directions are:
- Leave the M6 motorway at junction 33. Follow the signs for A6 Garstang.
After a couple of miles (immediately before the Thorpeys Fish and Chip restaurant on the left, Italian Restaurant and New Holly Farm on the right) turn left down Station Lane.
- Go over the narrow metal river bridge and on into the village of Scorton.
- At the T junction (the Post Office here is our nearest shop), turn right through the village and take the second left turning next to the Bowling Green. This is Tithebarn Lane.
- At the top of this lane turn right again and follow this narrow lane down this hill through the valley to the end.
- Turn left up a steep hill and this will lead you directly to Eidsforth Lane. At the top of this short steep hill turn right.
- If you are staying at the Piggeries, turn up this first gateway on the left, sign in the wall for Arkwright Farm. (The cottage is on the right as you drive up.)
- For Woodpecker, Mole End, Old Stables and Partridge cottages, just continue along the lane to the next entrance. There is a sign Barnacre Cottages in the stone wall on the left. There is also a huge sign on the gate, Barnacre Cottages. Go through the gate and drive up through the field. The gate should be closed. Do not drive past even if it is closed! Get out of the car, open the gate, drive through and close the gate behind you!
- The gate is meant to be kept closed to ensure the privacy and safety of our guests.
- Arrival time is 4pm. If you expect to be arriving later, please let us know and then we can arrange for lamps to be switched on and the heating and fires to be lit if it is chilly.
Directions from the South:
- Leave the M6 motorway at junction 32, Blackpool, M55.
- Follow the directions for Garstang A6. (There is a really good farm shop on the A6 at the big garden centre Barton Grange on the left. Open till 5.30pm. Meat, cheese, bakery, milk, all sorts of goodies!)
- After about 5 miles, take a right turn off the A6 into Garstang. B6430.
- After 1/2 mile, Garstang Golf Club on the left, take a right turn into Calder House Lane, signposted Barnacre.
- Go under the railway and motorway bridges.
- Take the left turn following the sign for Barnacre Church, this is Turners Lane.
- Before you get to the church, on a left hand bend, turn right and go down Eidsforth Lane.
- About 1/2 mile down the lane, there is a bit of a dip, as you come up, the entrance is on the right. 2 stone walls and a 5 barred gate. A sign for Barnacre Cottages is in the wall . There is also a large sign Barnacre Cottages on the gate.
- For Woodpecker, Mole End, Old Stables and Partridge cottages, this is the correct entrance.
Follow the arrow, open the gate, drive up the field and the cottages are at the top on the right. Even if the gate is closed, get out of the car, open the gate, drive through and then close the gate behind you. The gate is meant to be kept closed to ensure privacy and safety for our guests.
- If you are staying in our Piggeries cottage, ignore this driveway and continue to the next entrance Arkwright Farm. Go up this driveway and the cottage is on the right.
Arrival time is 4pm. If you expect to be arriving later, please let us know and then we can arrange for lamps to be switched on and the heating and fires to be lit if it is chilly.
Have a safe and pleasant journey!
Sue and Terry Sharples